Saturday, March 12, 2011

Visit to Eden Project

The Eden Project is located to the south west of England, five kilometres away from St. Austell, Cornwall, UK. It took me about seven hours to reach St. Austell from Brighton by train.  I took a train at 7.49 from Brighton railway station to London Victoria and underground trains from London Victoria to London Paddington. As per the prior announcement, some engineering work on the underground railway track (green line) is going on today and tomorrow (Saturday and Sunday). I took Victoria (blue line) from London Victoria to Oxford Circus and Bakerloo (brown line) from Oxford Circus to London Paddington. From London Paddington there was a direct ‘first Great Western’ train service at 9.42 to Penzance. The train reached St. Austell railway station at 14.51 (scheduled time). The train fare from Brighton to St. Austell is £ 95. I like the train services in England.
The Eden Project is an educational charity and social enterprise.  The clay mine (‘Kaolinite’ china clay- silicate mineral) has been transformed into a global garden. This place is well known not only for tourists but also for plant/nature lovers. Please visit my next blog for more information and pictures. I am staying in Best Western Cliff Head Hotel at St. Austell. The room rent is £ 50 per night. The location of the hotel is very good and it is a suitable place to spend the weekend. 




2 comments:

  1. Dear Sir,
    Nice to know you are now relaxing and sight seeing. I believe the transport in the UK is one of the best ( if not the best ) in the world, and you are experiencing it.
    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cora,
    Yes, I would say the Best so far I have experienced.

    ReplyDelete