Monday, November 8, 2010

IT services failed

On Saturday, 6th November, 2010 I went to the Freeman Centre of the University as usual. It was surprising for me to know the access to network was not available though signal strength was excellent. At that time I was alone in the Freeman Centre as the University remains closed on Saturdays and Sundays. I tried my level best to fix the problem. But I could not get connectivity at all. In the afternoon session two Research Fellows arrived and I reported this matter to them. They also tried. Same message was coming every time i.e., “eduroam needs more information to log in”. It was asking us again and again log in ID and password. Thus I could not succeed to login. Since here it is five days working no assistance was available from the IT services as it was closed.

6 comments:

  1. What do the rest of the university students do on Saturday afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it is five days working/week for both staff and students.On week end some students go to Brighton for shopping,to meet friends/people.Some do study,laundry in the room and some visit University library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then why are you not going out into town? Please tell us a little about the town that you are in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am staying in town. I will post some pictures of town on my blog next time if weather permits. At present the Weather is very bad. It's raining here with gale-force wind and very cold since two days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has the weather improved or is it still bad?

    How do you spend your weekends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather here no one can predict, one has to be equipped with everything to protect from rain,gale-force wind and cold. At night the temperature some times it is -3 degrees, so far I have experienced.
    On Saturdays, I do come to the University as usual. On Sundays,I do laundry,shopping...

    ReplyDelete