Monday, January 3, 2011

DEVIL’S DYKE

Devil’s Dyke’ is a valley near Brighton and well known spot for Eco-Tourism. The Brighton & Hove Bus Company operates busses to this beautiful place on week ends and holidays only. I travelled to this place by bus number 77 and the bus journey takes about 20 minutes from Brighton. The curved long (around 5 Kms.) and dry valley is about 700 feet in height and gives magnificent views  of Sussex. The site has extensive areas of grass land and considered as the largest Dyke in the country. I spent my year end day here and enjoyed the walk as well as homemade lunch at the Shepherd & Dog. This place is very good for Hiking, Walking, Parachuting and Sky diving.
















9 comments:

  1. It is good to see your photograph for a change!
    The weather seems to be nice, the view is brathtaking. There appear to be many people like you, enjoying themselves on 31st December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir,
    Wish you Happy New Year 2011.
    I too agree with Shri.Dange and it was good to see your photograph.
    Your blog as always is very enlightening to read.Keep posting....
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir,
    splendid landscape! Must have been very relaxing... can feel it seeing your photograph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and I wish you Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about your lunch you forgot to mention what you had at the Shepard & Dog Inn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had lamb curry, bread roll and home made dessert. I liked dessert because it was served very hot with dry fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sir,
    The pictures of the landscapes you have posted in this blog helped me in my teaching for T.Y. B.Sc. lecture and also the Kew Botanical Gardens. I referred to them in my lecture yesterday on Landscape gardening. I hope in your future blogs I would get more information and pictures related to botany. I thank you for the same.

    With warm regards,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose this is something that you have not talked about.

    How have you come to terms with food, cooking, and general house keeping that you must have had to do for the past few months.

    Maybe you should write about this in your blog. I hear from Pari that you have become a favorite customer of the 2 ladies who run the small cafe in your office. Maybe you can get a picture of them along with you and post this.

    I have generally found that people here react more favorably when they see you in the photographs.

    Umaji

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will post these aspects in my next blog.

    ReplyDelete